It has been a good week! The class is progressing nicely. This week we learn, how to handle a camera and how to take pictures. Everyone is looking forward to next week when we practice using a camera and begin taking pictures around the school. Once again, the topic of careers in photography came up, before class a student asked, “Are storm chasers photographers?” This seems to be a real interest for the students. Therefore, I am looking into finding a professional photographer who would be willing to come and talk to the students about their career.
Our principal came in to bring me some POs during one of our meeting/class. Later in the day, she commented on how much the students were enjoying the classes and about how we used to provide “Interest Clubs” for students and that it seem to provided a balance for students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wouldn't it be neat if you could start an interest club for your students? Sometimes I feel that the time restraints we face seem to take away some of those fun things we used to be able to do years ago. Isn't it neat that you are able to do something the students seem to love so much?
ReplyDeleteI do not know who is enjoying this more -- me or the students!! I told my principal I would like to do a podcasting interest group or a web page interest group in January.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your help with my links. Maybe next week I'll get it posted correctly. How far along are you in the EdS program? This is my second semester.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome. We are all in this together. I am sure you will do fine. I have 5 class and the theses -- I hope to finish next December.
ReplyDeleteMore good talk between classmates! Love it. Ok....would love to "see" your students work on their projects. Might you add pictures? This will help me see their progress. :)
ReplyDelete