Friday, November 13, 2009

This has been a WONDERFUL project!!!!

It has been an interesting week. The students reflected on what they have learned. The one comment, I heard over and over was, “I love it when you let us take pictures by ourselves. That way we could choose what interested us.” I am surprised by how much of a difference it made to them. Allowing student to have the freedom to choose the subject that interested them, to provide autonomy, enabled them to have self-direction and to develop their creativity. I am still awe at the quality of pictures they took. I believe this is the results of allowing them the freedom to take pictures on their own. At first, I was a little apprehensive, because I kept wondering “What if they drop it? If it is broken, how are we going to replace it?” As it turned out, there was no need to worry.

One of the sixth grade teachers came to me today and said, “_________ is usually very shy, but she has come alive with a camera in her hand. I can’t believe the change I see in her.” I too have noticed she is more talkative in a group.

We also, posted the pictures on the large TV in the hall. Below are some pictures of some parents watching the slide show and discussing it.






No comments:

Post a Comment